Monday 25 May 2009

Yellow and blue




So, this is the first time that I make Lemon cake and mmmmmmm, so good! I followed the recipe from Jane Brocket's book The Gentle Art of Domesticity. The recipe suggests to finish it off with some icing, but somehow I thought that would be a wee sugary for me today, so I left that bit out. 



I have also been crocheting and I managed to make this pot holder this weekend. I am really pleased with the result, mainly because I have self taught myself. I cannot make sense of patterns, so I try, give it a go, undo, try again, etc. Once I have made something I can then compare it with photographs, and read the pattern. It is only then that the written pattern makes any sense to me. Ah! What a happy Bank Holiday! Hope you are finding something to make and feel satisfied too.

No comments: