Saturday 30 October 2010

Apple and honey muffins


There is something about this time of the year that makes me want to stay at home and bake. I sometimes follow recipies I know will work, but the other day I tried a new recepie I found on the web.




These muffins a low GI, which is what I was after. I confess I worried they would taste of cardboard because they are wholemeal, that they would be boring and dry. But the ingredients are inexpensive and it was worthwhile giving it a try. They turned out to be very quick to make (bonus!)



The apple bits make the muffins quite moist, and they are perfect for breakfast, or morning or afternoon snack. They were really easy to make, and even R liked them!

So that is another example of how one might be pleasantly surprised trying new things, even if they don't look too convincing at the beginning. So, how about if you come out of your food routine and try a new recipe this week? Being adventurous in the kitchen can be lots of fun and give tremendous rewards - and that is something that my brother knows a lot about!



1 comment:

Bethany said...

I haven't had breakfast yet, you're making me feel suuuper hungry :) They look delicious!