Tuesday 11 November 2008

Stamps and Prints

I have been making some stamps and experimented with printing on fabric


The fish one was very easy to make. I think it has turned out really cute


I was feeling very inspired and decided to take things a little bit further....and tried my first lino cut. It is a simple design that I used with the same type of ink that I used for the rubber. I need to try it out with suitable ink and on different types of paper to find out how to obtain the best result. It is all good fun and I can see myself getting into this quite a lot!


I wish my brain was made to think of complex and beautiful designs...Maybe one day, with practice? In the meantime I will have to stick to simple ones or copy others that I like. This is a lot of fun. I recommend you try it if you haven't yet!

No comments: